By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Economic Issues
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Appointments
  • Business
  • Global Economy
  • Industry Analysis
  • Market Updates
  • Personal Finance
  • Contact
Reading: RMAFC Says Tinubu’s New Order Will Stop Oil Revenue Leakages
Share
Notification Show More
Aa
Economic Issues
Aa
  • Economy
  • Business
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Appointments
  • Business
  • Global Economy
  • Industry Analysis
  • Market Updates
  • Personal Finance
  • Contact
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Economic Issues > Blog > Uncategorized > RMAFC Says Tinubu’s New Order Will Stop Oil Revenue Leakages
Uncategorized

RMAFC Says Tinubu’s New Order Will Stop Oil Revenue Leakages

Reporter
By Reporter February 20, 2026
Share
SHARE

RMAFC Says Tinubu’s New Order Will Stop Oil Revenue Leakages

By Patience Ikpeme 

- Advertisement -
Ad image

 

The Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) has expressed its support for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu following his signing of a new Executive Order that changes how oil and gas money is collected.

 

The Commission stated that this new directive will make sure money from Nigeria’s natural resources goes straight into the Federation Account as the law requires.

 

The Chairman of the Commission, M. B. Shehu, described the President’s action as a brave and important move. He noted that the order would bring back honesty in the way money is handled, stop revenue from disappearing into the wrong hands, and provide more funds for the federal, state, and local governments to share.

 

- Advertisement -
Ad image

According to the Commission, the Nigerian Constitution is clear that all oil, gas, and minerals belong to the whole country and should benefit all Nigerians. However, before this new order, certain rules in the Petroleum Industry Act (PIA) allowed some of this money to be taken out for “management fees” and other charges before the rest reached the government’s main account. These deductions meant there was less money left for the three tiers of government to spend on the people.

 

“RMAFC wishes to state that the Commission has consistently advocated the review of statutory and regulatory provisions that create opportunities for revenue leakage, erosion, or retention outside the Federation Account,” the Chairman said. He added that the President’s new order has now solved these long-standing problems.

 

The Commission believes this change has come at the right time because Nigeria needs more money to fix security, build roads, improve schools, and provide better healthcare. By stopping these extra deductions and secret spending, the government will have a better idea of how much money is coming in and how to plan for the nation’s needs.

 

“By freeing revenues previously subjected to layered deductions and fragmented oversight, the Executive Order enhances transparency, improves cash flow predictability, strengthens fiscal federalism, and restores the constitutional revenue rights of the Federal, State, and Local Governments,” the Chairman noted.

 

He also explained that this new rule makes it easier for the Commission to do its job of watching over how money enters and leaves the Federation Account. He stated that the new system closes the holes where money used to leak out and ensures that everything is done openly.

 

“With this Executive Order, the constitutional architecture of revenue remittance is strengthened. It closes structural leakages, eliminates duplicative deductions, and ensures that revenues due to the Federation are remitted transparently. This directly supports the Commission’s oversight and monitoring responsibilities,” he stated.

 

RMAFC concluded by saying it fully supports the government’s efforts to manage public money better. The Commission promised to work with other government offices to make sure the President’s order is followed strictly so that the wealth from Nigeria’s oil and gas truly reaches every citizen.

You Might Also Like

FG Moves to Secure Nigeria’s $3bn Investment Stake 

Executive Order to Boost Monthly Allocation for States and LGAs- Uzoka-Anite 

CBN Eyes $1 Billion Monthly Remittances as New Payment Rules Take Off

‘Follow the Law or No Payment’, FG Tells MDAs

NCC Moves to Change 25-Year-Old Telecoms Rules

Reporter February 20, 2026 February 20, 2026
Share this Article
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article CBN Eyes $1 Billion Monthly Remittances as New Payment Rules Take Off
Next Article Executive Order to Boost Monthly Allocation for States and LGAs- Uzoka-Anite 
about us

Unraveling the Threads of Global Economy: Your Source for Insightful Analysis and News on Economic Issues.

Find Us on Socials

© Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?