By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Economic Issues
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Appointments
  • Business
  • Global Economy
  • Industry Analysis
  • Market Updates
  • Personal Finance
  • Contact
Reading: Dangote Refinery Denies Importing Petrol, Blames Saboteurs for False Reports
Share
Notification Show More
Aa
Economic Issues
Aa
  • Economy
  • Business
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Appointments
  • Business
  • Global Economy
  • Industry Analysis
  • Market Updates
  • Personal Finance
  • Contact
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Economic Issues > Blog > Uncategorized > Dangote Refinery Denies Importing Petrol, Blames Saboteurs for False Reports
Uncategorized

Dangote Refinery Denies Importing Petrol, Blames Saboteurs for False Reports

Reporter
By Reporter February 10, 2026
Share
SHARE

Dangote Refinery Denies Importing Petrol, Blames Saboteurs for False Reports

By Patience Ikpeme 

- Advertisement -
Ad image

 

Dangote Petroleum Refinery has come out to set the record straight following reports that it is importing finished petrol into Nigeria.

 

The company has described these claims as “inaccurate and deceptive,” stating that the reports do not represent how its refinery actually works.

 

In a statement released on Monday, February 9, 2026, the management of the refinery made it clear that they do not bring in finished fuel, commonly known as PMS or gasoline, from other countries. Instead, they explained that as a modern refinery, they only import “feedstocks” and “blending components”—which are semi-finished materials that must be processed further before they can be used in cars.

 

- Advertisement -
Ad image

The company stated that this is how world-class refineries in Europe and Asia operate to make their work more efficient. They warned that calling these half-done materials “fuel” or “gasoline” confuses the public and hides the progress Nigeria is making in refining its own oil.

 

“This propaganda is being promoted by unpatriotic and unscrupulous individuals who cannot afford to see Nigeria stop imports—individuals who helped to milk the NNPC refineries through fraudulent financing transactions for refinery repairs, which ended up being squandered. These individuals will soon have their day in court,” the company said.

 

High-Quality Fuel for Nigerians

Dangote Refinery told Nigerians that the only petrol it sends into the market is “Euro 5” compliant. This means the fuel is of the highest international quality, similar to what is sold in the best parts of Europe and America.

 

The refinery noted that every batch of petrol it produces goes through strict tests to make sure it is clean. This has helped end the days when Nigeria relied on low-quality, “dirty” fuel that was often dumped in West Africa.

 

The company also shared that the wrong information had already been corrected during an international forum in the United Kingdom organized by S&P Global. At that meeting, experts recognized the big role the Dangote Refinery is playing in changing how oil is refined around the world.

 

Identifying the Saboteurs

The management of the refinery disclosed that they have identified the people behind the false news and will soon reveal who they are and why they are doing it. They described these people as individuals who want Nigeria to keep importing fuel so they can continue to make money at the expense of the country.

 

According to the refinery, the goal of these misleading reports is to destroy the trust Nigerians have in their own local refinery. However, the company said it remains fully committed to making sure Nigeria has enough energy, protecting the environment with clean fuel, and helping the country’s economy grow.

 

Dangote Refinery called on news organizations and experts to be more careful and accurate when reporting on the oil industry, as their words can change how the whole world sees Nigeria.

You Might Also Like

FG Moves to Secure Nigeria’s $3bn Investment Stake 

Executive Order to Boost Monthly Allocation for States and LGAs- Uzoka-Anite 

RMAFC Says Tinubu’s New Order Will Stop Oil Revenue Leakages

CBN Eyes $1 Billion Monthly Remittances as New Payment Rules Take Off

‘Follow the Law or No Payment’, FG Tells MDAs

Reporter February 10, 2026 February 10, 2026
Share this Article
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Hit $49bn 
Next Article PenCom, Awabah Bring Pension Savings to Artisans via POS
about us

Unraveling the Threads of Global Economy: Your Source for Insightful Analysis and News on Economic Issues.

Find Us on Socials

© Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?